The Criminal History of Chief Keef

Chief Keef is one of the most iconic rappers
in Hip Hop history. At only 15 years old, the south side Chicago
rapper took the rap game by storm after being one of the first people to really put Chicago
drill music on the map. Chief Keef’s demonic style of hip hop was
like nothing we’ve ever seen before and had everyone from the streets all the way
to the suburbs anxiously waiting for the next Chief Keef record to be released. But it wasn’t just the sound of the music
that created all this hype around Chief Keef and the Chicago drill scene, it was rather
the actual lyrics he was saying in his music. It was all authentic. Nobody even questioned it for a second. All it took was 30 seconds of a Chief Keef
song and music video to figure out that Sosa was about that life. Whether he did the dirt himself or was around
people who did, everyone knew that there wasn’t any lies being told in his music… and Keef
and his affiliates have the rap sheet to prove it. Here is an exclusive inside look at the Criminal
History of Chief Keef. Chief Keef’s first documented run in with
the law happened at the age of 15 on January 27, 2011. Details are scarce on this arrest but from
what I can understand from said charges is that a young Sosa was either caught at the
trap house or in the process of selling what was produced from the trap house. Whatever it was, Chief Keef was detained in
the act and was charged with manufacture and delivery of heroin near a school, public housing
building, or park. Keef was charged with a Class X felony but
keep in mind he was only 15 at the time which obviously made him a minor. In Chicago, Juvenile offenders are found to
be “delinquent” of the charges rather than “guilty” of the charges. Sosa was let out of jail but sentenced to
home confinement on the charge. The second arrest of Chief Keef happened on
December 2, 2011, almost a year after his first arrest. Sources say that police responded to a call
of shots fired in the 6100 block of South Indiana. When officers arrived, they spotted Chief
Keef walking out the front door of his grandma’s apartment complex in the 6100 block of South
Michigan, holding a coat over his hands that were in front of his waistband. Officers tried to stop and question the Chief
but instead of cooperating, Sosa dropped the coat, flashed a blue-steel handgun and sprinted
through the vacant lot next door to the apartments. Several officers immediately gave chase to
the fleeing Chief who allegedly would stop and turn towards the police and point his
pistol at the officers. This caused the officers to pull out their
weapons as well and even though Sosa did not shoot at the officers, the officers shot at
him multiple times but missed. After shots were fired, Chief Keef continued
running for his life before other officers caught him a half a block away in a alley
of the 6100 block of South Indiana. One officer claimed to have suffered multiple
bruises in the act of trying to detain the Chief. They also alleged that Chief Keef ditched
his pistol throughout the chase but it was soon recovered moments later… completely
loaded and ready to go. Chief Keef was charged with four felonies
for this incident which included three counts of aggravated assault with a firearm on a
police officer and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon. They also charged the Chief with a misdemeanor
charge of resisting arrest. Sosa was held in the Cook County Juvenile
Detention Center for a good while until the judge sentenced the Chief to house arrest
at his grandma’s house. This next incident wasn’t an arrest but
rather a pretty well known investigation involving Chief Keef about the murder of rival rapper
Lil JoJo. For those of you who are unaware, Chief Keef
and the rest of GBE were going back and forth with a rival rapper named Lil JoJo. Just days before the tragic slaying of Lil
JoJo, a video went viral of one of Chief Keef’s good friends “Lil Reese” threatening to
kill Lil JoJo after JoJo drove by their neighborhood taunting them. Later that week, JoJo was killed while riding
his bike. Chief Keef took to Twitter the day after the
incident tweeting “Its sad cus…. JoJo wanted to be just like us #LMAO”. Despite the clear taunting online, no charges
were filed. It is possible that no charges were filed
due to Chief Keef claiming a hacker tweeted those tweets but JoJo’s brother begs to
differ. Whatever the case might be, JoJo’s murder
is still unsolved to this day. After a few months of staying out of trouble,
Chief Keef was ordered back into court for a probation violation stemming from a previous
gun conviction. Authorities say that Keef went to a gun range
for a music video shoot in New York. Chief Keef apparently wasn’t allowed to
be anywhere near firearms as one of his conditions of probation so when the Judge found out about
this… he wasn’t happy. The judge sentenced Keef to 60 days in juvenile
detention. At the sentencing Chief Keef said this to
the judge, “I am a very good-hearted person, I am sorry for anything that I have done wrong…. Give me a chance.” 3 months after his last sentencing, Chief
Keef was arrested yet again in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after a security guard
at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter Hotel called 911 on the Chief after claiming he was “rolling
marijuana” in his hotel room. Chief Keef told TMZ his side of the story
which he claimed happened like this: “So me and my homie Tray Savage was in the
hotel room chillin’ when some fat ass security guard started knocking on the door talking
about he needed to fix a water leak.” “So his ass walked in and started looking
around at us and immediately gave me the racist look then started talking sh*t to me.” “I told him, ‘I thought you wanted to fix
a water leak?’ Which he obviously lied ’cause there was no
water leaking.” “Then he immediately started talking sh*t
to us. He told me that he was going to call the police
on me so I called him a bitch.” “He kept saying how the police about to be
on their way to lock me up so I blew smoke in his face and pulled out 30 racks and said
I got the bond money — there is more where this come from.” Keef says he felt the security guard was “racist
from the moment he walked in the room.” When TMZ asked if the Chief was smoking weed
in the hotel room his response was this: “As for what I was smoking in the room, everyone
needs to listen to my song with Uncle Ro ‘All I Smoke Is Gas.'” The next day Sosa tweeted this to let his
fans know he was free: “Jus Got Out Of Dekalb County jail In Atlanta,
Mad As fk” There was no update on what happened later
into the case but we can probably assume that the charges were dismissed. Sosa’s next arrest happened on May 29th,
2013 just days after his arrest in Atlanta. During the early morning hours, the Chief
was caught going 110mph in a 55mph zone while riding in his BMW X6 on the Edens Expressway
in Northfield Chicago. When the police asked Mr. Keef the simple
question of “Did you know your car car was going 110 mph?” The Chief gave them the iconic response of
“Well it’s a fast car that’s why I bought it.” In the end, Chief Keef was taken away in cuffs
and was cited with going twice over the posted speed limit and for violating stipulations
on his driver’s permit. Less than a month later, Chief Keef was ordered
back into court for his speeding incident on the 29th. At sentencing, The 17 year old rap legend
pled guilty to doing 110 mph in a 55 mph zone and was giving 18 months of probation, 60
hours of community service, random drug tests, eight hours of traffic school, and a $531
fine. The Chief was now free to leave but as he
left the Skokie courthouse, police arrested him once again on a misdemeanor trespassing
charge. The Chief was then re-booked and released
moments later. Now after spending the summer as a law abiding
citizen, Chief Keef turned himself in on October 15, 2013 to the Cook County authorities after
testing positive for marijuana. The judge sentenced the Chief to 20 days in
county jail and was released on November 8, 2013. On his way out of jail, Chief Keef was notified
that one of his conditions to get out required going to rehab for his weed problems.. So the Chief did just that and immediately
flew to beautiful Los Angeles, California and checked himself into rehab. After spending a couple months in rehab, Chief
Keef was free to return home to his mansion in Chicago. Almost immediately after returning home, the
Chief went back to his old ways and began chiefin on that good south side Chicago kush
like nothing ever happened. But that didn’t last for too long because
on March 5th, 2014, less than two weeks after checking out of rehab, Chief Keef was pulled
over in Highland Park, Illinois, early in the morning for having expired tags on his
2010 Jeep Cherokee. When officers approached the vehicle, they
claimed it “reeked of pot” and the Chief allegedly “admitted to smoking pot before
driving.” The police then made the Chief do a “field
sobriety test” and lets just say…. The Chief failed. Chief Keef was eventually charged with DUI,
driving on a suspended license, and cited for having no proof of insurance. Mr. Keef was quickly released after posting
a $300 bail. Now you are probably assuming that his next
encounter with the law will have something to do with the Chief going to court for his
DUI and getting sentenced but no… that is not the case. Chief Keef apparently had enough of Chicago
and decided to skip court and move to Los Angeles… for good…. Like literally… for good. The moment Chief Keef steps back into Chicago
he will be arrested immediately due to his warrants and due to the Mayor of Chicago’s
ban of Keith Cozart aka Chief Keef. This sounds bad but it was honestly one of
the best decisions Chief Keef has ever made. Since his move to Los Angeles, Chief Keef
stayed out of trouble for almost 3 years, with zero run ins with the law. But his hot streak came to a tragic end after
he was arrested on January 26, 2017 after the Los Angeles police raided his Tarzana
mansion due to his alleged connection in the violent armed home invasion of his former
music producer. Sources say that producer Ramsay Tha Great
was robbed at gunpoint in his Devonshire home and accused Chief Keef and friends of breaking
into his home and holding them hostage with an AK-47 on January 19th 2017. Ramsay also stated that he was robbed of cash,
a rolex, and other valuables during the incident. Chief Keef and friends later bailed themselves
out and the case was ultimately thrown out on April 2018 due to Ramsay Tha Great getting
sentenced to 10 years in prison for charges of human traficing, pimpin, and weapons possession. It was also noted that an alleged witness
for the prosecution that agreed to testify against Chief Keef mysteriously went missing
before the upcoming trial… Um Mr. Chief…do you have anything to do
with that? The Chief’s next arrest happened on April
8th, 2017 in Miami Beach, Florida. Police claim that while Chief Keef was driving
in a green lamborghini, his passenger got out in the middle of traffic and started talking
to the car behind theirs. Cops saw the commotion and thought they saw
an “exchange” being made between the two suspects. This led to the police pulling over Chief
Keef and ultimately discovering marijuana in one of the vehicles. Keef was charged with a DUI and was booked
into jail moments later. During his sentencing, the cops revealed that
they found 8 different drugs in the Chief’s system at the time of his arrest, all which
included Morphine, Codeine, Promethazine, THC, Hydrocodone, Norcodeine, Dihydrocodeine,
Hydromorphone. Sosa eventually avoid jail in a guilty plea
but was sentenced to six months probation and 50 hours of community service. The final charge was reckless driving. And last but not least, we have the Chief’s
final arrest in South Dakota. In June of 2017, Chief Keef was arrested after
airport security found marijuana edibles and blunts in his bag. During his hearing the following Friday, Chief
Keef pled “No Contest” to possession of a controlled substance, a class 5 felony that
is punishable with up to five years in prison. He later was released on bond but was required
to come back to South Dakota for his trial. His trial was almost two years later on April
26, 2019 and the outcome was all in his favor. The judge gave the Chief a suspended imposition
of a sentence which means no conviction will be entered as long as he meets the conditions
set by a judge. Apparently a defendant can only receive a
suspended imposition of sentence once in their lifetime in the state of South Dakota. When it was all said and done, Chief Keef
was ordered to pay a $500 fine, $104 in court costs, and $99 in testing fees. All the other charges were dropped. If your wondering what the Chief is up to
nowadays, well it looks like he just sits around in his mansion all day, making music,
smoking weed, and playing video games. Once in awhile he will travel to do some shows
but other than that, he seems to live a pretty chill life and is staying out of trouble. His last arrest was in June of 2017 so almost
2 years without an arrest is pretty good! Let’s hope he can keep it up. Well there you have it… all of Chief Keef’s
criminal history jammed into one video. If you enjoyed this video, make sure to give
it a thumbs up and if you want to see more content like this then make sure to hit that
subscribe button and turn on all notifications. Also, feel free to comment who you want to
see a “Criminal History” video on next. That’s all I have for today… I’m out!

Comments 100

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *