If you’re gonna break up,
throw a comment on Instagram, it’s a wrap, dude.
Go ahead. I just don’t care. That’s just a slap to my face.
– (gasps) No! If you ever did this to me,
oh my god. I’d be– Okay, I get why she’s pissed.
(laughs) ♪ (rock intro) ♪ – (FBE) So, Mark,
tell us who you’re here with today. – I’m here with my lovely wife
and best friend, Gloria. – This is my boyfriend, Eric.
It’s his first day here. He’s pretty nervous.
– I just want everyone to like me. – (laughs)
– (FBE) Even though this is something we hope will never
happen to you two, today we brought in some couples
to see what they think is the worst way
to break up with someone. – Oh.
– Oh! That’s good. – Oh, god!
– Okay. – Dude, they can
get so brutal. Oh, man. – (FBE) So, we’re gonna be showing you
some ways that people have ended their relationships.
And after each one, we’ll have you guys rank them
on a scale of one to five, one being not that bad
and five being holy [bleep], that’s bad.
– Ooh, okay. I feel like I’m gonna rate all of these
between a four or five range, ’cause I just think all break ups
are automatically [bleep]. – (man) You know it’s gonna
be scary, but you know you’re gonna be okay,
and that’s all that matters, that you will be okay.
– (woman chuckles) – Mm-mm.
– Wait, wait. They’re rope climbing.
They’re at the top of cliffs?! – (woman) …don’t have
to have this talk with their boyfriends. (laughs)
– He’s gonna push her off. – Stop! (laughs) – (man smooches) It’s all you, honey.
– (woman) No, don’t leave yet. – You can’t trust people like him!
– (man) You don’t have to jump if you don’t want to.
– (woman) I don’t know if I want to. – (man) Five…
– (gasps) Holy cow. – (man) You know I love you, right?
– I think she should jump. – (both laugh)
– Oh, no. – (woman) Honey, honey! – (squeals)
– Oh, he’s really… – Oh my god!
– He really pushed her off. – (gasps) Oh my god.
– He pushed her. What a freakin’– with those rocks?!
– (woman) Honey, honey! (screams) – There you– (laughs)
– (gasps) – Whoa!
– No! If you ever did this to me, oh my god. I’d be–
okay, I get why she’s pissed. (laughs) – Wow.
– Oh my god. – (woman) I’m breaking up with you!
– (laughs) That’s the best. – (man 2) What’d she say?
– (man) I just got dumped. (laughs) – Oh. If you did that to me, yeah.
We’d be done. – The fact that she was
already upset about doing this and didn’t wanna do it anymore,
but he still pushed her, I think that’s a good reason
to break up. – (FBE) So, scale of one to five,
how bad do you think it was? – I think one. Not so bad, you know.
– Yeah. – A four, because it was real,
if it was legit, that would be a [bleep] way
to end a relationship. – Nah, I don’t know.
I would give it a one just because it’s funny,
and she wanted to do it. She was tied up.
– That’s like a five. – That was a five. Definitely.
– Range it somewhere in the middle. – Oh, no.
– A three. – I would give it a four.
– I’d give it a three, ’cause I feel like they might’ve
made up after this. I don’t think it was super serious.
– Yeah, I’d give it a one. It was a joke.
– That’s a one, ’cause that’s like– I would be like, “Nah,
we’re not gonna breaking up. You’re gonna thank me later.”
– They probably didn’t break up, right?
– So, what– – It’s a one. It’s a one.
You’re right. I agree. (laughs) – “Is this your way
of breaking up with me?” “TransformationTuesday.” (laughs)
– Oh, that’s cold. – They just cropped ’em out.
– He just cropped her out. – Aww.
– Nooo! Okay, that’s [bleep]. To do it over Instagram in front
of all of your friends? – But excellent use of the crop tool.
– (laughs) – All of his followers,
all of her– they probably have mutual friends,
and this is how they’re gonna see them go down.
– But you wouldn’t be able to tell on Instagram back in 2013.
– Yes, you would. That’s not cool. That’s me.
– I think he’s chicken. – Yeah. And no creativity.
– Maybe he’s just so self-absorbed that he wanted a picture by himself.
Instead of taking another photo, he just decided
to zoom in on his face. I don’t–
– Boy, you’re really cutting him some slack on this one. (laughs)
– If you’re gonna break up through a comment on Instagram,
it’s a wrap, dude. Go ahead. I just don’t care.
That’s just a slap to my face. – (FBE) On a scale
of one to five, how bad do you think
this one is, guys? – Five.
– Yeah, five. – He’s a chicken.
– That is a three. That’s not too bad,
but it’s embarrassing, so it’s a three.
– Damn. I– damn. I’m gonna take it to a four.
– Well, I give that one a two. – If that was his way
of breaking up with her, then yeah, that’s probably a four,
because you’re doing it publicly, you know, instead of just telling her.
– That was pretty jerky. I’d give it a four.
– I’d probably say two. – Like a one.
– Probably a three. – I’d give it a three. I mean, it hurts,
’cause it’s in public. Anything that someone can see,
you can’t deny it. – Yeah. I give it a three,
because it’s humiliating, but it only got 15 likes.
– (woman) Happy birthday, Ti! – (all) Happy birthday, Ti!
– Oh, no. No way. – (Tiana) I really couldn’t ask
for better friends. – Is she gonna call out
a friend for cheating or something? – (Tiana) Y’all are seriously the best.
And I would like to thank… – (gasps) I’ve seen this.
– Shhh. – (Tiana) …for making me realize
that I deserve so much better. – Oh.
– (Tiana) Every single person here… – Oh, wow.
– (Tiana) …you’ve been trying to talk to some girl named Denise.
– Oh my god! She’s dumping him
in front of everybody! Okay, that’s rude.
– (Tiana) …a girl named Denise. – Oooh, no!
– Ohhhh. But that’s great. Throw a party.
– (Tiana) …a girl named Denise. – Ohhh! That’s cold, dude.
– Oh, okay. See, this is what I’m talking about.
– That’s a five. That’s a five. – Ooh.
– Oh, wow. – Ooh, can we keep
playing that one? – (Tiana) Literally all of us
have seen screenshots… – Oh my gosh.
– (Tiana) …of everything you sent her,
especially within the past few days. – Oh!
– That dude’s like, “Oh, [bleep]. I didn’t see anything.
I just came for the cake.” – (Tiana) You literally sent her
the same picture you sent me today. – (man) Yo, that’s bad.
– (Tiana) Yeah. So, in case you
didn’t figure it out, we’re over, and you can
get the [bleep] out. – (woman) Get the [bleep] out!
– Yeah, get outta here, bro. You out, bro.
– Are they giving him his stuff? – Ohh!
– Giving him his stuff! – Nice!
– (laughs) Get the [bleep] out of my house!
– (raspily) Finish him! – The only thing about that one
is I wish the camera person would’ve gotten a better angle.
I wanted to see his face. (chuckles) – Damn! I would’ve been
that one family member in the room like, “Damn!
Hell yeah! Where’s the popcorn, bro?” Whoa!
– Player got called, man. Player got called on [bleep]
in front of his friends. That’s the way you do it!
You confront ’em! – (FBE) Scale of one to five,
how bad is it getting broken up that way?
– I’d give that a five. You have a built-in system
just turning against you. You have to look them in the eyes.
– Especially if you guys were together for a while,
and you were friends with her friends, this is the one that’s most likely
to make me cry, so I’d give it a five too.
– Five. Yeah. – Yeah, I’d give it
a five as well. – One.
– Yeah, one. – No, this is a five.
Again with the embarrassment. That’s me.
– Yeah. That’s– yeah. Yup. – I’d say a four.
– I’d say it’s a five. It’s brutal the way she did it,
but she did it to his face. – Damn. He deserved it.
That’s a five. Ah! – Yeah.
– My heart! – You know, if people saw me
as a certain way, and now I’m trash to them…
– Yeah, you’re a trash human being. You should be called out.
You should be petty. – That’s a five.
– This guy on the plane just broke up with his girlfriend,
and she’s sobbing. – “Guy: I just can’t stand you.
I can’t be near you. I would switch seats if I could.
Is this really a surprise? Are you seriously surprised
with this information?” – (both) “Great. Just great.”
– (laughs) “I’m so glad I paid 40 extra dollars to be
on this [bleep] flight with you.” – (sarcastic) 40 extra dollars.
Wow. Whoa. – And the guy says, “I don’t care.”
Girl, “I’m glad you don’t care.” – Ooh. Wow. That’s a horrible
place to break up… – I know.
– …’cause it ain’t like you can walk out and leave.
– I don’t know why he didn’t break up with her
before they left. You know, she would’ve just said,
“Okay” and walked away and maybe not got on that plane.
– That’s really sad, because she has nowhere to go.
– Anything public is embarrassing, especially a verified Twitter account.
– (FBE) So, on a scale of one to five, how bad is this breakup?
– Honestly, this is a five, ’cause it’s the fact
that you get broken up with on an airplane and a stranger
decided to tweet it and it went viral. (chuckles)
– Well, it also feels like a five, ’cause you’re stuck in a metal tube
with a couple hundred strangers that have to deal with you,
so you’re like, “I’m sorry I’m an imposition,
but my life is falling apart.” – (groans) – All around it’s a five. – Yeah, it’s a five all around.
– From every angle. – Yeah.
– Three. – I’ll call it a three.
– Four. Yeah. – Yeah, a four.
– I’ll give it a four. – I think I would give it a three.
– Five, ’cause one it isn’t public, but she has no place to go.
– I agree. – It’s– That’s just wrong.
– Yeah, I agree. Five. That’s flat out cruel.
– “You’ve used me and hurt me enough over these last four months
than any other person has. I’m done.” – “That was never my intention.
I don’t regret any of the time we spent together,
and I think so highly of you. I’m just not ready.
And you’re right, this isn’t fair to you.
I’m so very sorry I’ve hurt you.” – “You will never believe
or understand how much I think you are a good person
and deserve so much better than I have ever been able
to give you. You have every right to hate me,
and I deserve all of it.” “You’re not a good person.
I wish I had never met you.” (laughs)
– I think they’re in different speed, you know? I think that’s
the way I see it, you know. One is here. One is here, you know?
– So, it almost seems like this was very toxic, and sometimes…
– But hang on. Hey, before you get into–
– …that’s the only way you can break up with someone…
I know, I know– Oh. Oh! – …is not in person, because it just doesn’t work
if that’s a very toxic relationship you have, so breaking up
over text is not the worst, I don’t think, in general.
– Damn. – (FBE) So, on a scale of one to five,
how bad is this breakup? – I think it’s more like a two.
I don’t think it’s really horrible. – Yeah, no. Two. Two, yeah.
I agree with you. – If it’s very casual,
and you both kind of know that you don’t really
wanna continue with it, I’d say it’s a one,
’cause you just have a conversation, and then you never have
to deal with it. That’s the end.
– I’d give this one a four, though, just ’cause I feel bad
for gray text. – And I’d rank it a four
just because it is a text. – Yeah. I would say four as well.
– Yeah. – I’d call it a three.
– That’s like a two. – I think he’s just trying
to let her off easy, saying, “Hey, listen,
it’s not you. We had a great time.”
He’s just backing out, and I would say one for that reason.
– I’d give it a one also. At least there was some
communication with just two people. – I would give it a two.
– I’ll give it a three. I mean, like I said,
it just depends on the situation, but if I just met you,
you did this, I mean, that’s fine.
But if we were dating for like seven years,
then I feel like I should have the opportunity to be
broken up in person. – Oh, this one?
This show is nuts! – Oh my god. Is this where they,
as a couple, tattoo each other and they can pick
whatever they want? – Oh, no.
– Oh. – (laughs)
– I don’t think they’re going on a trip, right?
– Yeah. They’re not packing for Europe.
– What the [bleep]?! – Pack your bags.
You’re going– (laughs) – I mean, that’s actually
not that bad. – At least it’s an ass tattoo.
You can cover it. – Just wear pants.
– (Joey) Are you sure this is what you wanted to do?
You wanted to come on to this show and end your relationship?
– (Brian) Yeah. – (Victoria) I’ve just been dumped
on national TV. Lucky me. – Actually, I think
it’s pretty creative. (laughs) – Dude, if I wanna wear a bikini
and you see a bunch of boxes on my ass.
– I’d be pissed. To have your significant other
who you love and trust give you a mysterious tattoo
and then turns out they’re breaking up with you?
That sucks. – (FBE) On a scale of one
to five, what do you guys think? – Five.
– I’d say a three only because she shouldn’t
have been on the show. (laughs) – Five. Pretty [bleep].
– (laughs) I think it’s acceptable! – (both laugh) – Two.
– (both laugh) – I think I would rank that
as a five. – I expect to see this kind
of thing on shows like this. I’d probably give it a four.
– I think that’s a five. Definitely.
– I’ll give it a four. I’ll give it a four,
’cause you could always cover up a tattoo.
– Five. – Yeah, it’s a five,
but it’s also an MTV show. There’s just like, “Oh,
hey, you should tattoo suitcases on her thigh
to add drama,” you know, so I can’t fully invest.
– I’d give it a five. It’s permanent.
Breakups, you’re supposed to get over, but this
will always be on her butt. – Yeah, this is also
thousands of dollars worth of lasers being steered
directly on her butt just to get rid of it.
That’s a five. – (FBE) All right, guys.
So, that’s all the videos we have for you today.
But before we go, we’re curious. What’s the worst way either of you
have been broken up with or broke up with somebody?
– I broke up with my first wife. (chuckles) I called her
on the phone. I said, “I want a divorce.”
That was it. – The worst way I was–
or I actually broke up with somebody was over the phone.
And it was that exact situation. Maybe that’s why I got
so passionate about that text is, you know, it was so toxic
that every time I tried to end things in person,
you know, as people usually want, I couldn’t get there,
and I wasn’t– I couldn’t get to that point
in the conversation. – I was dating someone,
and I didn’t know that they had a girlfriend.
And they were hiding it from me for like two months.
And then, the girlfriend reached out, and they were like–
she was like, “Hey, you know we’re still together?”
And I’m like, “Oh! That’s disgusting.” – Oh, I got broken up with
by a girl in her apartment complex, and then I was parked
in the parking garage of her complex.
And when I was backing out, the front of my car hit a column,
so it bent over the tires, so I couldn’t drive.
So, I had to sit in her parking garage for like five hours
waiting for a tow truck right after she dumped me,
and I was like, “Well! I’m just gonna sit in it
for a moment.” – Did you text her at all?
– No! She has no idea. – (both laugh)
– I was alone and alone. – Thanks for watching
this episode of Couples React. – Shoutout to Esra Cookie.
– This is where I have to say goodbye.
– But it’s not you. It’s me. – Hey, guys. I’m Jesse,
associate producer here at FBE. Make sure to check out
the FBE channel for more videos across all generations.
Links are in the description below. Thanks for watching, guys. Bye!