The Scary Neighbor (Japan, A.D.1710) Honey – Do you hear those noises?
– Noises? You’re just imagining it It’s your stomach grumbling or something My stomach doesn’t grumble at this hour
I’m hearing something I have an early day tomorrow
Give me a break You should know by now that
your fireman husband has early mornings I’m going to sleep Seriously honey, I hear noises What noises? It must be… the dogs or raccoons strollin’ outside They’ll go away so
just go to sleep will ya? Hey Seriously, there’re noises What? There’re noises Noises? There’re noises so… it must be it must be the tiger – How can it be a tiger?
– The tiger’s roaming outside going crazy going like “grrrrrr” – Go check it out
– Why? – Are you scared?
– You kidding me? Hell no – You’re chickening out
– Hell no I’m from Edo. Plus,
I’m the city’s fireman I’m like one of Edo’s treasures Let’s be honest
you don’t do that much Are you serious?
Edo’ll be a disaster if I’m not around Honestly, I don’t get why firemen have
“early mornings” either – Are you kidding me, we take long to get ready
– But there’s no fires every morning – What do you guys mean by “early mornings”?
Use your brain. If we get ready after the fire… the entire Edo city will be burning in flames You’re exaggerating Do you understand that because I go like “whoa,”
we have food to eat everyday What do you mean by “whoa” You’re a fireman, you don’t turn off fires like that Don’t be ridiculous Because I go ilke “whoa” at work the citizens know where the fire is And what I’m trying to say is
that it must be a tiger so let’s just sleep But there’s so much noise I’m telling you You know what, seriously, I’m going to sleep – I hear nothing, nothing, nothing
– But the neighbors are being so loud Geez The walls are thin Stop being so sensitive Be more accepting to others – Just as I thought. You’re scared
– Hell no, I’m an Edo man You keep saying that you’re an Edo man but you’re not even originally from Edo You, you – Do you know how long I’ve been in Edo?
– I don’t know exactly but – You’re one of those shallow kinds
– I’m just saying that I married you because You seemed like an Edo-lite to the bone
But you’re not even from Edo For your information, – Half of the citizens are from the countryside
– Whatever, there’s this noise I’m telling you Show me what you got as an Edo-lite
Go ahead if you’re a real Edo man And you’ll acknowledge me as a true Edo man? It depends, but yea – I will treat you as a real Edo man
– Alright then I’ll go check it out like a real man In a bit… Just tell them Should I go tough on them? Yea, they’re being really loud Your fireman hubby is going What the hell is up with you Seriously, don’t know if you’re a tiger or whatever
What time do you think it is dude Keep it up! Alright You dimwit Or whatever you are, you airhead You stupid tiger So it wasn’t a tiger – We’re, going to bed, right?
– Yes we are Let’s sleep Good night Yea, good night